While the feelings of anxiety seem intolerable, the good news is that they are very treatable. Many people suffer from varying degrees of anxiety and symptoms can include:
- Constant worrying or obsession about small or large concerns
- Difficulty concentrating or your mind “going blank”
- Muscle tension or muscle aches
- Trouble sleeping
- Trembling, feeling twitchy or being easily startled
- Sweating, nausea, or diarrhea
- Shortness of breath, chest pain/palpitations
Anxiety can make basic parts of life seem overwhelming and insurmountable or rise up in certain situations. It can affect many aspects of your life and the roles you have from day to day.
If you are feeling anxious, we can work together to develop ways to be aware of triggers and cope with anxiety, including showing you concrete ways to examine the thoughts that are fueling your anxiety. I will share tools with you to help you observe and shift these thoughts. I incorporate mindfulness techniques and guided imagery in session time and provide those resources in between session times as part of our work together. We will create goals together centered around reducing your symptoms of anxiety as well as identifying the underlying issues causing anxiety in your life.